(TFT) Memories

Hello to the list! I'm a new subscriber, but I've lurked around your TFT sites
for years.

I remember alot of those games, Dave. You were a great GM. Ah, for those old
college days...

Dave's "prodigal" friend,

Tim

--David Miller wrote:
Of course! I even used to play C&S and Runequest. The supplements for C&S were
some of the best around and you still can't beat Runequest as a RPG system.
That goes for anything Chaosium ever put out as far as I'm concerned. We
actually never played with either the rune magic or the Gloranth world. I
played a more Tolkien style game with the Runequest rules (we made up our own
magic system) in a world I created.

We also played a Conan style game for a while and we even used the Thieves
World series and played in that city as well. We all had two or three
characters and we rotated game masters. (We were lucky, many in our group were
great GMs.) The rule was you had to respect past events that the other game
masters established in previous games plus you could play any of your stock of
characters. We based this pretty much on the way the books were being written,
we just brought it into the gaming world. It was very creative with some great
story lines.

As for TFT we had our own world (as most everyone did). It got a little Monty
Python meets serious literature every now and then but I always felt TFT
lended it's self to that style very well. Lots of good laughs as well as
drama. Great way to kill a Saturday night. The D&D conversions that we did
always seemed to play out this way but we didn't mind. They were very tongue
in cheek to start with.