From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2006 10:22:01 AM
Subject: (TFT) Spam / virus info

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:53:30 -0500
Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 06:07:31 -0800 (PST)
> Tim <rebl@swbell.net> wrote:
>
> > John, this 'prophesor' could be a bot. If it is, whoever moderates our list will need to unsub it (and ban if possible).
>
> Done.  It looks like someone's PC has been infected with a virus rather than
> a deliberate spamming.  More to come.

This looks like it was coming from Egypt; at least the IP address it
came from, 196.218.38.80, is assigned to an Egyptian ISP.  This address
has been blocked from sending any email to my server.  If I see anything else
come from this subnet, I'll block the whole thing.

I know who prophesor@yahoo.com is, and it's highly unlikely that this was
done on purpose.

Prophesor (Ed), you're back on the list with post privs.  I'd check your
IP address to make sure it's not your machine that's infected.  If you are
in Egypt now, then you probably are infected, and the best way to post would
be using the Yahoo mail web interface.