Re: (TFT) My three rules of GMing

At 12:37 AM 9/16/06 -0700, davidgrouchy wrote:
My favorite angle is to start the soloist in Jail, naked, chained to a wall, and armed with nothing but their wits. You may be surprised to see how much enthusiasm they exhibit on acquisition of their first real weapon.

I agree it really can make a huge difference to have players experience how they gain their abilities. I've seen players have a fantastic time when I assign them a character from the setting, who may have few or no adventuring skills but their outlook and place in the world make sense... Yet then when the same players designed their own fairly advanced characters and brought them into the same game, they had a much harder time getting into the game.

PvK