Re: (TFT) I knew this guy 3

On Sep 17, 2006, at 4:10 PM, John J Hyland wrote:

Personally I don't get why the guy was invited to play. If he essentially wants to annoy the GM and disrupt the game for everyone else, it is not clear
to me why I would invite him into my home.

I agree. I game with people who want the game to be fun for all players and the GM.

But assuming for the moment that for some reason I do in fact invite him into my home, and the gang wants him to be part of the campaign, then I suppose I let him dig. Though not with as much attention as DMG. I imagine it would go
something like this:
Me - How long do you think you'd like to dig for
Him - I don't know, 6 hours or so.
Me - OK, you are digging. What do the rest of you want to do for the next six
hours?
Gang - [plays out 6 hrs of game time having (one would hope) lots of fun] Me - OK, back to the hole. According to the digging rules you have now created a hole X feet accross and y feet deep, assuming you took appropriate rest breaks during the digging. You also have a similarly sized pile of dirt and rocks next to the hole. The sun will soon be setting. What would you
like to do.

That's a great way to handle it.

--Scott