(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #905

At 15:07 -0400 8/3/07, Dan wrote:
I seem to recall reading many years ago that Phil Kaufman
( creator of the TFT economic system and the unbeatable
"Kaufman Retrograde" tactic of Star Fleet Battles ) died - I
think he was killed in a car accident.   Does anyone else know
for sure?

I double-checked, and my text copy of the Errata acknowledges "Draper Kauffman" of St. Louis at the time of ITL production, for the economics system. Is this the same person?