RE: (TFT) Hex

> selfinflicted_wounds@boardermail.com Wrote:

> At 1 & 1/3m across side to side for a hex in TFT . . . so each blue square
is actually 13" X 13"

The hexes I submit are 1.333 meters side to side and each square comes out to
. . .

 / 7 = 0.2
    or 0.625 feet
    or 7.5'' inches

     *To illustrate another way, if our hexes were calendars, when would the
leap years come? With 5x4 one should add a hex every six hexes on the X axis
and leap a hex every twelve hexes on the Y axis. Whereas with 8x7 one only
adds a hex every ninety seven hexes on the Y axis.

David Michael Grouchy II

* The boring math

     The 5x4 hex has an upper right corner with coordinates of (1.5, 2) and
the corner clockwise from that at (0, 2.5)
5x4 hex
     sin 60 * 2.5 = 2.1650
     cos 60 * 2.5 = 1.25
    that's (1.25, 2.165) instead of the (1.5, 2)

looking at the x coordinate
      1.5
     -1.25
    = 0.25
 and 1.5 / 0.25 = 6
 every 6th hex we'd have to gain a hex on the x.

looking at the y coordinate
      2
     -2.165
   = -0.165
 and 2 / -0.165 = -12.1212
 every 12th hex we'd have to lose a hex on y axis

The 8x7 hex has an upper right corner with coordinates of (2, 3.5) and the
corner clockwise from that at (0, 4)
8x7 hex
sin 60 * 4 = 3.464
cos 60 * 4 = 2.000
that's (2.000, 3.464) instead of (2, 3.5)

looking at the x coordinate
      2.000
     -2
    = 0.0
 so infinite hexes and still aligned on the x axis.

looking at the y coordinate
      3.5
     -3.464
    = 0.036
 and 3.5 / 0.036 = 97.222
 every 97 hexes we'd have to gain a hex on the y axis.