Re: (TFT) Killing Joe

Actually, it is entirely possible that the lump sum number is accurate, just not very precise, whereas the box system is certainly more precise, but may not be that accurate.

Geek alert!

I look at the tradeoff between precision and accuracy as a kind of Heisenberg uncertainty principle, where you can increase precision only to a point without negative impact on accuracy. Past that point and you necessarily degrade accuracy. The same applies in the opposite direction as well.

Since any RPG tries to model all damage to a person, from subcellular damage (poisons) to localized impact (sword hit) to total body concussive forces (falling) there has to be that specific point where increasing precision or accuracy actually decreases the overall "realism" of the system.

Where that is... of course I don't know!

End Geek Alert.

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.

I know my usage of accuracy and precision are not quite the scientific definitions, but they serve the point.

- Marc