Re: (TFT) Developed logical settings, deadly risks, and motivation

Okay the top deserves it's own post.
AWSOME INFO HERE!

> There's also a matter of the short term vs the long term. If a character has
> a 98% chance of surviving each mission he goes on, this works out to a less
> than 50% chance of surviving after 35 missions. Now, this is reasonable if 35
> missions represents an adventuring career of 10 or 20 or 30 years. But if a
> character has only 1-3 missions per year, then either the charcter
> is going to be
> very much a part time adventurer, or else the missions are going be long &
> involved.
>
> And even for a "short and simple" mission or adventure, a 98% chance of
> survival is, on its face, very high. At least by the standards most
> gamers use. IME
> most gamers need to either resort to "script immunity" to keep the survival
> chance that high, or else need to use some sort of mechanical fudge-cheat -
> e.g. the D&D craziness of characters getting raised from the dead
> multiple times.

(Side point. You know how Jefferson wrote the Deleration? {VERY U.S. with that example} Well YOU Sir ought to be the one putting this stuff into words. You write MUCH better than I...)

OKAY that aside how about this?

"The Mnoren were human - AND A LITTLE BIT MORE. ("I wanna play somebody BETTER than me" )
They had the ability to move UNADIDED (Gate Tallent?) between the many alternate worlds that co-exist with Earth in other time streams.

THE FIRST MNOREN USED HIS "TALENT" ONLY SIX TIMES, and then stoped forever in fright and confusion....

Hello?

And if you get to play your offspring as a next-gen PC....

Point of fact
I don't have kids (SURPRISE!)
Because of that I have a tendency to view procreation as a space and resource issue.

How sad for me.

(One of the main reasons I loose good players is because they get horny. A baby is not conducive to good gameing. A baby also makes you remember that this is all a STUPID game we're talking about. It's nice to have the luxery to talk about a GAME but....
I mention this to give you a quote. I got a CD from 'The Learning Company' last month. At the end of the thing the guy is trying to get me to pay 60 U.S.D. because I'm so stupid and these people are SOOOOO much better than me (I konw they know more than me about their chosen field of study and I respe

Pageing Doctor Freud...

Pageing Doctor Freud...

Psyco loose on the TFT lists...

Pageing Doctor Freud...