(TFT) Murphy kicks in

Okay so now my E-mail host blows up!
I've had to go to the archives to find a couple of posts.

From: Christopher Fuhrman

It's a general problem that designers (in any field) need to make the requirements explicit and to document their decisions in terms of the requirements (traceable to the requirements). A rule should exist to support some requirement, and the rules should be consistent. We have found lots of inconsistencies in Melee basic rules, and they seemed to get discussed more during the autumn on this group (!).

<snip>

 Had he documented the design decision, things would be less mysterious and we could possibly better understand the intentions of the existing rules.

So, I'd venture that from now on, anyone proposing a new or tweaked rule should say what requirement it is supposed to support (we probably need to reverse-engineer a bunch of requirements now)...

It's all your fault, Jay :-)

Cris

OKAY! Now I get the ?
LOL

Thank You for this Chris.
You've said it much better than my prattle.
I keep thinking of the late Mr. Addams' "Deep Thought"
42?
We're gonna get LYNCHED!

If I aim to get rid of the 'Game Master' then the tools we use to build the world must be clear and unambigious.

Another thought,
I keep thinking about Mr. Smiths comments on defending, and I dredged THIS up from my muddy head.

http://www.reese.org/tft/HiTek.htm
New Action

A figure that is eligible to fire may instead assume an Overwatch position. This figure may fire at any time during the remaining turn, or during the movement portion of the next turn. Fire in the next turn's movement portion is treated exactly like OpFire, except that there is no -2 DX.

Now THAT'S a defensive posistion!

Finally I'd like to throw this out...
It buggs me that a figure can have only 1 geas at a time placed on it. 2 geas don't violate the rule of 5.
I know why, but I think it could be used.
Like so...
Geas 1; figure must go to X
Geas 2; figure must never go to X

(idea) if a figure ever has multipul geas that conflict, all conflicting geas are eliminated and the figure looses 1 IQ per geas lost in this manner.

It came from a session in which everyone got a really silly geas put on them that they had to 'role play'. Sneeze each time you speek, always touch your wrists to your chest, whenever you speak your first statement must be a lie, etc.

Jay