Re: (TFT) TFT-style rules

I am in almost complete agreement.
Entering HTH, Pole weaapon charges, and instadeath, are the only elements of
game play that I find unsatisfying in TFT.   (Of course, I still use them all
as written anyway, except for instadeath, I let a physicker try to save you
from death's door)
Ouside of most gameplay, the economic system could use a little work, and the
description of magic item creation could be clearer, though the system works
OK once you understand it.
Otherwise a little clarity, organization, and tweaking is it for me.  Oh, and
ditching the whole Mnoren thing, never used 'em, never cared for them, and
they would be HT's intellectual property anyway.
John

-- pvk@oz.net
wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------
>From off-the-bat memory, the rule issues in TFT that seem to me could use
rewriting and optional rules include:

Rewrite/fix:
* Entering HTH rules (run-around, random unfairness, abuse, vagueness and
differences between Melee and AM).
* Pole weapon charge rules (probably just reduce damage bonus maybe to +1d).
* Any agreed weak/unclear parts in magic system (better description of
magic item creation).
* Known errors, inconsistencies, and disorganization - add index.