>   = 35 = 125
> 36 - 39 = 250
> 40 - 43 = 500
> 44 - 47 = 1000
> 48 - 51 = 2000
> each 4 = X2 prev

> 32pt char. = 20yr old
>
> TFT ITL AGING pg. 32
> "You may assume that a character is 20 years old when he enters play."
> = 36 = 500exp 1st level
> 37 - 40 = 1500exp 2nd level
> 41 - 45 = 6500exp 3rd
> 46 - 50 = 21,500exp 4th (WL)
> 51 - 55 = 46,500exp 5th
> 56 - 60 = 96,500exp 6th
> 61 - 65 = 196,500exp 7th (X2)
> 66 - 70 = 396,500exp 8th
> 71 - 75 = 796,500exp 9th
> 76 - 80 = 1,596,500exp 10th
> 81 - 85 = 3,196,500exp 11th
> 86 - 90 = 6,396,500exp 12th
> 91 - 95 = 12,796,500exp 13th
> 96 - 100 = 25,596,500exp 14th level (X3)

> That's well over a million Joes on the floor for a 100pt char.

Jay,

     As long as the comparison between old D&D level and TFT attribute totals
is being made, I thought you might find this interesting. It's an obscure bit
of inference I have developed from the early dawn of RPGs as described in Dave
Arenson's "First Fantasy Campaign." He explains how in the beginning there
were no hit points.

     Every successful attack was assumed to be a kill. Each character got a
saving throw vs. death. As a character gained power levels their saving throw
got better, or they improved in other ways. For instance a warrior would reach
automatic save at level 9.

     A wizard started out with a lower save vs death. As a consequence it took
11 levels to reach automatic save. The match between these levels and the
"Title" levels in AD&D is not a coincidence. It's easiest to see if we look at
the actual save numbers on a D20 scale.

Cleric 12 or less on D20 = save vs. death.
Gain one point per level.

Fighter 11 or less on D20 = save vs. death.
Gain one point per level.

Wizard 9 or less on D20 = save vs. death.
Gain one point per level.

     Now I'm not suggesting that Areneson used D20. I'm just illustrating how
in his system levels were _reducing_ the risk, as opposed to representing an
accumulation of power. One of the results of which would have been that a
character could be completed or perfected. I guess the only way to kill them
would be something other than melee combat.

     I've always wondered what would happen if RPG's had used this approach
instead of the endless and eternal power gain they have now. You know the
bottomless pit of experience point gain. Where one has to kill one million
average characters to get that next point.

David Michael Grouchy II