RE: (TFT) Intentions - as I understand them, at least

First off, nobody, but nobody is going to tell you to cease and desist. Jay,
you play what whatever way makes you happy.

I think that what a few of us are saying is that TFT isn't particularly good
at doing real world modeling and it doesn't need to be for an excellent
gaming experience. You, yourself, have pointed that out:

> And this is as close as we get to a definition of St in TFT.

The other aspect is that too much detail and calculation stifles the
creative process of fantasy gaming. Part of the challenge and fun for the GM
is reacting to unforeseen PC actions. A large part of what makes these games
fun is the ability of the GM to wing it when necessary.

In my opinion, I wouldn't want GMing restricted by physics and I wouldn't
want the setting to be the result of calculation.

But like, I said, whatever floats your boat...

Ray Rangel
ray.rangel@cox.net
http://xraysvision.blogspot.com/