Re: (TFT) Is TFT a role playing or board game?

Why are we afraid to call Wizard and Melee wargames?

Because they are...wargames.

David

On Apr 28, 2008, at 7:51 PM, Ray Rangel wrote:

I think you're right about this, Rick.

To address the 'topic' directly:

TFT, taken as a whole, is an RPG. Melee and Wizards are board games in their own right.

---- Rick Smith <rsmith@lightspeed.ca> wrote:
I do not think that if a game system can have
programmed adventures written for it or not
has much to say on if such a game system is a
role playing system or a board game.

Barbarian King is a solitaire board game.
Alone Against The Wendigo is for the role
playing game, Call of Cthulhu.

Now a RPG that is tightly written would be
easier to build programmed adventures for, but
beyond that, I don't see much connection.

Rick