RE: (TFT) ST for melee attacks and DX for Ranged attacks?

I honestly like the idea of combining the two to form some sort of
combat attribute. I've done martial arts for years and usually weak
people don't prevail no matter how agile they are. Strong but clumsy
guys don't do very well either, although brute force can often prevail
because sometimes you get a lucky shot! I know, I know, there are
traditions of "internal" martial arts that focus on chi/ki and not on
physical strength and that small guys can deliver great power. I'm not
dismissing any of that although I believe the real development in those
traditions are superior technique, which could be represented by talents
(IQ) in TFT.  In general, my experience is that you need both strength
and agility to be a good fighter.

Aidan

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at  9:05 AM, Christopher Brandon wrote:

> While skimming the latest D&D incarnation, I became intrigued with the
> notion of ST being used for melee attacks and DX being used for ranged
> attacks (throwing, archery, etc)B  Could this same idea carry over to
> TFT? How do you think it would affect the current game balance if it
> all?

I will have to do some play testing to see how it works out.

Cheers!
Chris
<mailto:tft@brainiac.com> B  <mailto:tft@brainiac.com>
<mailto:majordomo@brainiac.com> B  <mailto:majordomo@brainiac.com> B with