Re: (TFT) Do you remember the first time you died?

Not the first time one of my PC's died, but the first time I cared.  His
name was Sage, he was the first time I tried to play a non-tank, human
warrior.  Sage was all about helping the party, at the time he died he was
ST 13, DX15, IQ 18 (46 total) 3 point Leather Armor (magic), + 1 damage
Halberd (also magic), one ring with blur and stone flesh.  Talents: Pole
Weapons (2) Running (2), Literacy (1), Naturalist (2), Tracking (1),
Armourer (2), Goldsmith (2), Tactics (1), Physicker (2), Vet (1), Master
Armourer (2).

After I had played Sage for almost a year, we had a random encounter with
some Goblins on the road to an abandoned castle (the actual encounter for
the day), and one of those Goblins roled triple damage in a charge attack
(from the side) with a spear, getting a 6 on his die roll, for 36 points of
damage, Sage was deader than dead.   You know what really bugged me, those
Goblins were smart, smarter than we were, they may have been puny but one of
them had Strategist, they won the inititive roll forcing us to move first,
and setting us up for that charge attack.

It was small consolation but the rest of the group proceded to slice the
Goblins to shreds, and looted the bodies, inclucing Sage's.  At least my
other PC (Edgar) got to Sage's body first, and turned the recovered item's
over to his next of kin, (my new PC).  If Melcor had reached Sage's body
first there would have been nothing to turn over.

The party did try to save Sage, but we just did not have enough healing
potions.

By the way that castle was full of vampires.