(TFT) I need clarifications on sweeping blows...

At 18:14 -0500 11/5/08, Jim Z wrote:
From my understanding of the wording of it in advanced melee, it seems like
you only make one roll at -4 DX.

We have always played that the character making the sweeping blow rolls once for each potential target. A "drop" or "break" halts the sweep, other misses allow it to continue on to the next target. So it's possible to miss two and hit the third, or any other combination.

Also, what about friendly figures?  It says you must roll to miss friendly
figures.  When does that come in?

In sequence (Left to right or right to left, as the figure chooses before starting to roll). It's a normal "roll to miss", but (of course) at -4 DX, so his friends better be lucky.

Also, what would happen if someone had the eyes behind spell on them, which
would give them 5 hexes to attack in?

Yeah, baby! ;-)

We discussed this and agreed to play it that way, if a character ever got there. Certainly a big weapon used like that would swing through the full 300-degree arc. Assuming the Eyes-Behind spell lets you target characters in the ex-"side" hexes, we could not see a reason to prohibit you from hitting them with a sweeping blow as well as with a normal attack.

It has to be admitted, this could easily be a cinematically unbalancing tactic. Any character that can survive amid 5 opponents long enough to launch the -4 DX sweep can really change the course of a battle if he rolls well during the sweep.
--
						- Mark     210-379-4635