Re: (TFT) Half-Hex Corridors

Your (and Gurp's) solution works great if you are working on a flat, featureless terrain board using chits for the characters. Not so good as soon as you move to 3d terrain utilizing miniature figures. In that case you have to switch to the no figure can enter a half hex rule. Miniatures just don't fit on half hexes next to modeled walls.

We've always used the measure from the center of the attackers hex to the center of the targets hex. If any part of that line goes through even a small part of a hex containing a figure or an obstacle then you have to roll to miss, or you cannot get the shot off. We take this sighting using a transparent straight edge or a string. (If it goes down a hex spine then you are considered lucky enough to be able to shoot between the figures.) This eliminates any difficulties and makes it fair for everyone, players and monsters alike. Personally I don't care for the trace line from any point of the hex, it's too fiddly. In the end however it really just comes down to personal style on this rule.

David O. Miller