(TFT) Jay bangs again

So after putting myself in the corner for awhile for stupid behavior I thunked about it.
This is what I've come up with...

The Medical Encyclopedia for Better Health 1978

   Since 1960, the National Association for Mental Health national research programs has invested more than one million dollars aimed at finding out more about the causes, treatment and new ways of preventing mental illness. It has played a significant and pioneering role in the study of schizophrenia.

The tenth edition of Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology 1979

   Twelve pairs of nerves arise from the undersurface of the brain, mostly from the brain stem.
(This is visualizing a Cranial or superior to Caudal or inferior passage, like food to poop, or whatever Jay has to say...)

The eighth pair is the vestibulocochlear, and itself consists of two distinct divisions: the vestibular nerve, and the cochlear nerve.

The cochlear nerve consists of fibers starting in the organ of Corti in the cochlea, have their cell bodies in the spiral ganglion in the cochlea, and terminate in the cochlear nuclei located between the medulla and pons. Conduction by the cochlear nerve results in sensations of hearing.

The World Book Encyclopedia 1989

Schizophrenia, SKIT suh FREE nee uh, is a severe mental disease characterized by unpredictable disturbances in thinking. The word schizophrenia means a splitting of the mind.

Many schizophrenics develop delusions and behave as though they live in a fantasy world.

Schizophrenics often suffer disturbances in mood and behavior. Some patients seem to feel no emotions, but others may display inappropriate emotions, such as laughing at sad situations.

Physicians do not know the cause of schizophrenia. However, there is increasing evidence that the disease results from an inherited defect involving certain brain chemicals. These chemicals, called neurotransmitters, enable the nerve cells of the brain to communicate with one another. Schizophrenics may be born with a defect that causes certain brain cells to release excess amounts of dopamine, a neurotransmitter.

Microsoft(r) Encarta(r) Encyclopedia 2000. (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Contributed By: Kim T. Mueser

A variety of symptoms characterize schizophrenia. The most prominent include symptoms of psychosis-such as delusions and hallucinations-as well as bizarre behavior, strange movements, and disorganized thinking and speech. Many people with schizophrenia do not recognize that their mental functioning is disturbed.

A Genetic Factors Research suggests that the genes one inherits strongly influence one's risk of developing schizophrenia. Studies of families have shown that the more closely one is related to someone with schizophrenia, the greater the risk one has of developing the illness. For example, the children of one parent with schizophrenia have about a 13 percent chance of developing the illness, and children of two parents with schizophrenia have about a 46 percent chance of eventually developing schizophrenia. This increased risk occurs even when such children are adopted and raised by mentally healthy parents. In comparison, children in the general population have only about a 1 percent chance of developing schizophrenia.

B Chemical Imbalance Some evidence suggests that schizophrenia may result from an imbalance of chemicals in the brain called neurotransmitters. These chemicals enable neurons (brain cells) to communicate with each other. Some scientists suggest that schizophrenia results from excess activity of the neurotransmitter dopamine in certain parts of the brain or from an abnormal sensitivity to dopamine. Support for this hypothesis comes from antipsychotic drugs, which reduce psychotic symptoms in schizophrenia by blocking brain receptors for dopamine. In addition, amphetamines, which increase dopamine activity, intensify psychotic symptoms in people with schizophrenia. Despite these findings, many experts believe that excess dopamine activity alone cannot account for schizophrenia. Other neurotransmitters, such as serotonin and norepinephrine, may play important roles as well.

"Proust was a Neuroscientist" 2009

The relationship between consonance and dissonance on the auditory cortex can be measured now electronically.
It seems there is a system (cortial fugal network ?) in the brain that is responsible for finding patterns out of chaos, or in other words, learning.
It seems that consonance can be learned out of dissonance.
For an example the author uses the opening performance of Stravinsky's ballet, Sacre du Printemps.

(An aside here, and half of what has driven me crazy in the first place.
Whatever, a lot better than the likes of me have broke down under such a load.
I have several references here.
Living Biographies of Great Composers from 1940 says first performance May 28, 1913.
Milton Cross' Encyclopedia of the Great Composers and Their Music from 1953 says it was May 29.
Over the years the thing has moved from being described as a riot, to one of the greatest scandals in contemporary music, to a disturbance in the M$ junk.)

Whatever happened, and there are some GREAT stories including at least one formal duel being arranged over this music, it's irrefutable that the stuff was controversial on it's first performance.
Stravinsky himself writes that after the notorious first night he fell ill and spent a month and a half in hospital.

One year later, on its second performance run debut, he was carried from the hall on the shoulders of the crowd triumphantly.
The police were again called, this time to protect him from the crowds adoration.
At the Theatre des Champs Elysess by the way.
Within a quarter century (ish) the stuff was kids music.

So this guy is telling me that some people who suffer from schizo stuff may have brains that are taking "too big" a bite outta the information flow, attempting to find patterns in larger and larger chunks of data.
It seems that the neurotransmitters that are involved in this "pattern finding" either find a pattern, in which case they release a controlled amount of dopamine that make the "person" feel "happy", or they grow confused and release a large amount of dopamine causing sensations of "upset" or "anxiety".
Over time, the brain can adapt and tune it's neurotransmitter to the new structures or data streams or what-have-you.
I HOPE so anyway.

So I've at least managed to figure out that I'm nuts.

It's a STEP anyway...

Crazy isn't stupid though.

Multi-person solipsism.

I believe I've become a convert...

So a major tenant of this stuff is that Hero's and Villain's come in complementary pairs.

I'm told that there are three flavors of antagonists; Villains by design, cognizant organizations, and Mythmakers.

Jubal Harshaw once said that he was happy to have never created a real villain.
Jay Carlisle is allowed no such luxury.
ATFT ITL starts with hero's... well, pretty much so.
I made a BIG mistake!
Have I mentioned that I'm lazy?
I took the "Stephen King" concept "hook, line, and sinker".
Ya know.
It's all the same "Dark Lord".
Guess what THAT means?!?
What can the Dark Lord do, BEFORE Jay?

"The mice voted to bell the cat"
- Aesop c. 620-c. 560 B.C.
So say the little people but how is THAT gonna happen?
I ASK you?
I'm studding Gate, but DAMN!
DON'T give your villains Talents what you don't have.
Ya might as well try to negotiate as a beggar, not IMPOSSIBLE but difficult at best.

First this is what I know.

I have knowledge of the following "time" groups.

The Black Hats (led by the Beast?)
The Time Lords (Dr. Who?)
The Scene Changers
The Revisionists
The Monkey Gang (the cats from 'The Twelve Monkeys")
The Machine (see "The Terminator")
The Circle of Ouroboros
With suggestion of other groups out there that are either more passive or allied through pact or treaty.
Didn't somebody tell me the "Lost" stuff was about time-travel?
Who are THOSE dudes?
Anyway, theory says that Mythmakers are the toughest enemies.

The Circle consists of ten members.

Mobyas Toras TL#1 John Carter
Her Wisdom Star, Arbiter of the Ninety Universes TL (composite) Cyrano
W.W. Smith TL#2 Leslie LeCroix
Dr. Jubal Harshaw TL#3 Neil Armstrong
Dr. Hilda Mae Burrows TL#4 Ballox O'Malley
Commander Ted Smith TL#5 DuQuesne
Captain John Sterling TL#6 Neil Armstrong (alternate)
Sky Marshal Samuel Beaux TL#7 Fairacre (vacated?)
Three other members status unknown.

Maybe I can make a truce with them rather than have to be actively opposed.
Pinch off three of MY years casually when I can't rejuve?
BAD FORM!
>From THIS Mythmakers POV anyhoo.

The principal technology across the genera remains that of Gates.
A Gate Talent?
Actually this one isn't about WHERE, it's about WHY.
"What is it man, do I have some kind of big red P on my forehead or what!?!"

Yes Sherlock, you were correct all along!
You are a player, and you have acquired the attention of a GM/Mythmaker.
Deal with it, it's what you wanted after all.
Didn't you COME here to game?

Of course accepting something like this is strictly crazy, but additional information is welcome.
What other groups are out there?
OH YEAH, where is Cidri?
Is SJ a missing member of the circle?
GG is in Greyhawk now or his personal "fave", according to theory.

Moral responsibility extending even unto one's imagination is a real bitch.
No WONDER the Buddah hit his navel.
Even Woody'll get bored ONE day,... but not before I fix the veneers...
Where is MY creation?
Set the veneers Pop, let's go!

So here's what MY author throws at me.
"Rock'N'Roll Babylon" by Gary Herman

Me and my friend Howie have had quite a few discussions about the similarities of the game business and the music business.
Get any good at it and they'll call you an artist, else if your just starving and the ONLY one calling yourself an artist is you.
This is a crazy making time period, and he surprisingly points out a number of apotheosis stories including an argument between Sam Philips and Jerry Lee Lewis in which Lewis was refusing to record a song that was turning divine imagery into a blatant sexual reference.
It's all caught on tape.
Eventually Lewis gives in sighing, "I've got the devil in me..."
And recorded "Great Balls of Fire"

Elvis actually BELIEVED...

Postulate - success at such creative ventures requires a... "large ego"?
Ergo groups what can make GREAT music together can't always stay together?
Is this fair to say?
Does this help to put such disagreements into a slightly clearer focus?
It doesn't EXCUSE poor behavior, I'm actually a fan of "loonie" justice, i.e. ya get it where ya make it, but if it's ANY consolation "quick karma" will have me soon.
I'm on a time-limit.

The Dean suggested a living Mythmaker was dangerous, casually uncaring as he revises or erases.
Kinda like our ancestors in their ignorance of Gaia.
I wonder how bad MINE is? (Worst than most I know, I'm TRYING to keep my author interested. When a character catches your imagination...)
(How to fix that Dark Ages bit?...)

I'm not asking my readers to actually believe in this junk, paradoxes inside of paradoxes ad infintium...
I do however believe that the gaming industry such as exists currently on and about my general area of the earth seems to be interested in selling me something to lock me in to a system.
This would be fine if I was being locked into something that was complete as a rule set.
I don't even get complete genres.
I think a basic ruleset ought to at the very least provide definitions of the Stats and translation information for standard reference data.

I'm not selling, I'm sharing.

How you kill something doesn't change the point of what you did.

The RPG world has reached the point where she requires a biannual "scholarly" Journal.
THAT'S a start for a "Universal" system where the best methods have been agreed upon and the rules for changing the rules have begun to be established.
See the "Circles" symbol if'n ya wanna example of where THAT process ends.
With us basically...

I nominate Sgt. Hulka as the "editor" of such a venture, with a panel or board of at LEAST 3 to get some decent going.

How about it Sarge?
Something a lot more formal and dignified?
Ya know, more for the ages?
Wha'd'ya think?
Too busy?
I'm not trying to corner ya, and someone else might care to throw their hat into the ring.

What's the average log of Pi?
What's the average density of rock on earth?
The principal crust bed?
The principal extrusion?
How many cups 'o steem outta a cup 'o water?

That stuff is EASY.
And a LOT of you guys work with "REAL" home computers.
Information is easy now, putting it into the game in a consistent fashion appears to elude most folks idea of what this medium can do.

How would YOU rescue Col. Campbell and Hazel, not to mention Pixel, from the physical housing of the Mycroft Holmes IV "super" computer using Advanced TFT rules?

Recall a "bakers dozen" in ammo, 9 Skoda 6.5mm unjacketed, expanding rounds from a Miyako, and 4 4mm explosive darts from a "projector" (?)
He's hurt, and they've already got Mike, so we've got a cornered Mnoren on our hands at THIS point, protecting his family none the less.
Getting there's just a thought experiment.
THEN what?

Stats for the good Col. are easy.
He's a Smart cobber fer sure, genius plus I'd assume as the Dean don't hang with dummies.
IQ 16ish?
Also he'd had as much irrelevant training as needed to "get in shape".
Fitness class A.
Call it pro level athlete training.
ST and DX in the mid 20's.
Modern 6mm centerfire cartridges carry roughly 20pts damage at the muzzle, to around 18pts out to 100yrds, or about 3x a .22 (~4mm).
Both weapons existed in 2188, but it was Hazel's stuff, so appearances may be deceiving here to the MUCH more powerful side.
Also, lord knows what reaction/s power the projectile THAT far in the future, but a nail gun would be deadly in a lot of that environment, so I keep the power at around what I know.
Why carry a .357 when a nail gun will do?
"Dragon Skin" suits or something?
That's a Tech thing anyway.
I hurt things different than y'all, so I'll leave his wounds as an exercise to the reader.

"I" won't jump out in front of HIM.
I won't leave them there either, but I THINK R.A.H. already tied that one up...
What year was "To Sail Beyond the Sunset"?

I'm not a covert branch of the government attempting to gain recrutes, or expose "commie" activity.
THAT one is actually flattering.
Jay, the one man gang!
LOL
I'm not a Mnoren either, although my "method acting" approach to stream of conciousness writting appears to be disconcerting to some.
It looks like I'm just simply crazy.
Occam's razor wins again!

A comment made on Radio Lab today stated that in a very real since, hearing is "touch at a distance".
Well so is smell, as part of those receptors are the ONLY parts of the brain exposed to air.
Touch requires movement.
EVERYTHING is movement.
Stop your heart from beating and tell me otherwise.
I'm gonna ask the address of the "'wisest' man in the world".
Else if...
Dopa's start in the liver, and are as entwined in our movements as in our emotions.
See some of the side-effects of some of the crap what'd be fostered upon me in the name of making me logical, and sane.
And just WHO arbitered THAT?
It's paranoid not too believe in money?
I don't understand.
What is fiat?

I've got enough on my mind going crazy over GAMES for gods sake, and on top of it all I gotta hear about this shell game at roughly the same time I'm having to put together general rules for governments?

Again, rules should be general guidelines that point the players creatively in a direction or two.
For specific rule examples I use Earth.
Not Cidri, not Jayland, Earth.

I THINK it was "Tunnel In the Sky" that had the high-school survival class get lost.
(Requiring certain Talents outta a population can be represented as secondary education, but that ain't the only cultural trick that'll do it.)
If the players are more interested in hunting, or exploring, then the Timeline will give a rough idea/method of when and who'll get down to the job.
Players trying to influence/ignore after the fact either follow the newly established system in a Nomic type way to change the rules, or just attempt to "revolt" or "break the law" in some fashion.

I traded my IQ 11 Courtly Graces (1) for IQ 8{?!} Horsemanship (1).

And the synchronicity continues to be just BIZZAR!
I had too have it pointed out to me what that I'm working on pirate stuff wilst I live in Goonie town.

Time hates art like the brain abhors the new.
In one view, art challenges the brain to find consonance within dissonance.
If the artist is challenging at all that is, and can there BE any other artists?

Do I need BOTH these ears?

Oh and DON'T think I think TOO much about any single source of information in the fashion of "I read it so it must be true".
The History Channel is doing me VERY wrong with this Ancient Aliens garbage.
Jay uses a lot of ~'s, and ish'es, and arounds, and  etc.'s to indicate that this is simply the best info I have available.
THESE yahoos are calling the alignments of the pyramids around the Sun Temple exact matches to the orbits of the planets in the solar system, the same as Stonehenge and the Mars face thing.
THIS makes their conclusions inescapable.
Supposedly, not debunking this "evidence" means proof.
I don't know a lot about this, but I put a kind of "Stonehenge" around the original Melee map as "scenery".
I have like a half dozen different presentations of this space ranging from a hold in the ground "pit" arena, up to a kind of mini-coliseum with bleachers (four different quarters for sides depending on the size of the town).
Anyway, I know enough astronomy, book larned and practical, to know that Mercury will "swing" a shorter distance in the sky than Venus, etc.
Listen to the crazy guy yall ya an idiot.
THAT'S funny!
UFO's are for "gameland".
There, I might have to put the things on Mars or Venus... Maybe an outer moon...
Whatever, no mass for energy, no space for...
Gay Deceiver?

How DO you precess...
Hummm...
I'm thinking the frame for 3 gimbals would hang or mount twixt two walls...
Wait a sec, that's just the pic your looking at Jay.
Bearings 90 deg from axle points, align 'em as you want...
So if I push each axle point to center rotor mass..., ?, uhhh, boats use like 1 or 2% of total weight in gyros don't they?

How hard?

And then maybe I've got a tad of 4d "thickness"?
Else if, how do we seem to have such a "longer" view (attempted at least, I'd rather live in Heinlein's mythos than a Pharos. More to do.) compared to other "critters"?

Just HOW did A Square see even a line in the distance w/o the "LEAST" little thickness (10^-42ish meters) into 3d land?
How do I "see" or at least seem to be aware of my own mortality?
Are we the only ones?

Anyway, do I have to make an "off-center" rotor to account?

Newton died a virgin looking for a bible code...
"I" found something similar in Webster.
It's all in how you write it.

So what happens when you learn you've lost your mind?
I'm still here... NOW what?

< shrugs >

I did basic at Ft. Jackson.
Tank Hill, built all tempory like for WW II and still in use in the '80's.
That's the Army.
Anywho, Infantry Basic gave me my first MOS designation, 11B.

Finding out I'm probably a schizo is like going to jump school.
Jay's 11B - 1P now.

More Talent's for Jay IF he can harness the stuff for "good" so to speak.
The way he's been useing it SO far has been wild and uncontroled.
Of course I've never "Tapped into" whatever this is before either.
Kindda like handing someone a firehose and opening her full blast w/o telling them what's about to happen.