Re: (TFT) Interesting re: Thrown Pole Weapons

I think the pole weapon versus thrown weapon argument is extremely valid.

I've switched to basic melee a lot lately due to the fact that it's readily available as a Wiki, and the Wiki version has the 3-hex in a straight line rule. I'm on the fence about the 3-hex rule, but I have to confess I've grown to prefer the rest of the basic Melee polearm rules. Pole Weapons are far less abusive in Basic Melee due to the fact that they don't automatically attack first. Conan or Sir Lancelot can still get inside the pole weapon's reach and knock down city guard before getting gutted. This disadvantage is slightly countered by the fact that you can't defend against a charging or set pole weapon in Basic Melee.