Re: (TFT) Tollenkar's Lair Opinions?

>How long should I expect it to take?

The last time I played it, it only took a couple of hours because it was a one-off adventure and the party was captured in the upper levels. Before that, I ran it as part of a campaign and it took several days of roleplaying plus several more if you count playing out adventuring around the Duchy of Dran before even reaching the main location. The intro starts with a whole bundle of rumors for Dran which the GM can have either be true or false. But you could just tell the background story and have a party start at the right location and focus on the adventure rather than roleplaying, and then hmm, I guess it might be possible to take 1-3 days for a strong quick group to go through it all. It really depends on what the party does and how the play goes.

My advice to a GM wanting to run it is to read all of the detailed map notes and play it as a campaign situation rather than a programmed adventure. Even though there are numbered notes for map locations, the best way to GM it is to have the whole thing in mind, so you know what the characters who live there know about what's a few rooms away, what those people would be doing and how they might react while the party is doing whatever it does.

PvK