(TFT) TFT 3rd Dimension

I finally finished painting my toys and played a huge smash-mouth boarding action between a viking longship and a kogge. The deck of the kogge was one level higher than the longship, and of course it had a for- and aft- castle that were both several levels higher, along with battlements. So I was able to try out David's 3rd Dimension rules.

My conclusion is that the +1/-1 AdjDex per level works better than I expected, even with larger figures (mine were height four or five). The thing I didn't consider when I first criticised them is the special rule on engagement: a 1-hex figure can only engage a figure one level lower or higher than it. So if you get caught in a really disadvantageous position, you can always move away.