Re: (TFT) Empire or Transition

I have ben idly thinking about this recently. I think the problem may lie in the definition of empire.

I do believe that all civilizations, or at least all societies, fail after an undetermined time based on a variety of factors including corruption, narcissism, external forces beyond the control of the Government/people, a failure to learn from history or mistakes, economics (internal and external) as well as just plain stupidity/ apathy. The person that figures out the pattern will likely be heralded as a genius and cast out as insane and dangerous.

One interesting piece of data is that no society/culture/civilization has ever been born/continued without requiring a war. I may be exaggerating a tad, but it is pretty close to none. Even the so-called peaceful tribal peoples have had to either defend themselves by aggressive action to avoid being subsumed or settled their territory by all out attack.

Fascinating topic, actually.