Re: (TFT) Is the Action Phase Dynamic or Static?

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 09:08, Sgt Hulka <hulkasgt@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I love the Wiki in general, but that particular page doesn't help me
> because it is clearly a set of house rules. The author admits as much. Also,
> even if I were to accept the house rules, they wouldn't really answer my
> question.
>
> Here's another way to put it. The Action Phase begins with:
> Bob AdjDX 14
> Mike AdjDX 13
> Tim AdjDX 12
> Ari AdjDX 11
>
> During the course of the Action Phase, the AdjDX's change to:
> Bob AdjDX 14
> Mike ADjDX 9
> Tim ADjDX 12
> Ari AdjDX 15
>
> Bob has already gone. Is the rest of the Action Phase resolved Mike, Tim
> and then Ari? Or is it rexolved Ari, Tim and then Mike?

I don't think of the Wiki page as completely house rules, but as an attempt
to clear up ambiguity by introducing the nature of "targeting" vs "general"
adjustments. According to that perspective, your situation above depends on
why each dex is adjusted.

In your above example, Ari's adjdx "goes up" to 15, so I'd suspect it's
because of his new choice of target and shouldn't affect attack order (i.e.,
targeting adjustments don't affect attack order). Attacking someone from
behind (or who has fallen) doesn't allow you to attack sooner.

When AdjDx goes down due to injury (Mike's case above?), it makes sense that
it affects solely the individual doing the attacking, and therefore affects
the attack order, and is "dynamic".

Cris