(TFT) The Lost TFT book

*** appologies for formating in advance  :(  ***

The Lost TFT book

(Deities and Demigods)

     I consider TFT to be god level AD&D.  By way of example here is a randomly selected figure from Deities and Demigods translated into TFT terms.  This view may differ from other campaigns.  This is well, and as it should be, as each GM is exploring a different world view acording to their own story.

 - AD&D version -

Tiera (Lemminkainen's Shield man)

ARMOR CLASS: 4
MOVE: 12"
NO. OF ATTACKS 3/2
DAMAGE/ATTACK: 1-10 (+1)
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Nil
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Nil
MAGIC RESISTANCE: standard
SIZE: m (5 1/2')
ALIGNMENT: Lawful good
CLERIC/DRUID: Nil
FIGHTER: 9TH LEVEL RANGER
MAGIC-USER/ILLUSIONIST: Nil
THEIF/ASSASIN: Nil
MONK/BARD: 5th level bard
PSIONIC ABILITY: Nil
  Attack/Defense Modes: Nil
S: 17(+1 +1)  I: 17  W: 17  D: 17  C: 18  CH: 17

     This fighter will always aid his master to the best of his ability.  He uses a +3 spear that does 1-10 points of damage and glows when a lie is told in its presence.

-Deities and Demigods, Finnish Mythos

- TFT version -

Tiera (Lemminkainen's Shield man)

ST: 17     Spear +3, detect enemies and light limited to lies
DX: 17     Stone flesh Leather (6)
IQ: 17     Polearms, Shield, Running, Tracking, Naturalist, Animal Handler, Charisma, Bard

COMMENTS:  This is not an attempt to standardize the interpretation of TFT.  Nor is it a claim that TFT was written entirely from the Dieties and Demigods book.  It just shows, in my mind, how TFT solves Deities and Demigods.  Both in simpler terms, and terms that do more.  Also when players in my games take modern day versions of themselves into the ancient past they are quite pleased to find themselves ranked with the gods.

CHALLENGE: I challenge anyone to find a Deity or Demigod that cannot be represented in TFT with greater ease, more clarity, or greater word value.  If not all three.  Personally I have found all three to be true in every single listing.

David Michael Grouchy II