(TFT) General test of In The Labyrinth Game Mastering 1

[I appologize in advance for any formating errors.]

General test of In The Labyrinth Game Mastering 1

    Let's see if anyone can answer this question correctly.  First will be a simple encounter set up.  Then a reaction from the players.  Finally, from one GM to another, what really happened?

 __
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/c1\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/W \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/c2\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/W \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/c3\__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/c4\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \

W = one hex of a megahex sized well
P1-4 = player characters 1-4

   DESCRIPTION TO THE PLAYERS:  The four of you are around the city well.  The south edge of the hexes are a row of three story buildings.  [hidden info: There is an attacker on a second story balcony peeking out from the curtains.  A long time enemy of the party].  (GM rolls a series of dice)  A crossbow bolt appears in c2's chest.  You take (rolls two dice) 8 points of damage.  Your chain stops 3, so you are wounded 5.  This was a surprise attack.  New turn.  Roll for initiative.

c4: Which side is the bolt sticking out of him?

GM:  c2 is facing south and the bolt protruding from his chest is pointing south by south east and up about forty five degrees.

The players win Initiative and make the enemy move first.  They see no movement.  They move to these positions.

 __
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/W \__/W \__/c1\__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/c2\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/W \__/W \__/c4\__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/c3\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \

W = one hex of a megahex sized well

P1-4 = player characters 1-4

   They ready weapons and shields, except c4 who has the highest IQ, cloth armor and a stone flesh ring.

c4: I spot hidden from where I think the bolt came from.

The Gm rolls a 3 for the players spot hidden!  "You are positive no one is there.  On a second floor balcony a pair of curtains are just barely settling down in a way that tells you someone was there but has rushed to the back of the room and is gone.  At this moment c2 screams in pain.  You all look and see the Bolt is actually a shapeshifted lesser demon and is eating its way into his chest, going for the heart."

To c2: "The little demon is already inside you and doesn't have to roll to hit.  It does (GM rolls 2 dice) 5 points of damage.  Your total wounds should now be ten."

To the rest: "The rest of you can attack the demon if you want to but you have to hack through c2 to hurt it.  So half damage to C2 and half to the demon.  Roll for initiative.

c4: I've seen this before.  If we don't hack it to death now the fifty strength little bastard is going to teleport into each one of us after he eats the heart and we'll all die.  Sorry c2.  :(

Next turn all the players face c2.

c2 drops his blunderbuss and punches himself in the chest.  Auto hit.  Does 2 damage.  One to himself, and one to the demon.

c1 attacks with a halberd.  11 points of damage, 5 to c2 (-3 = 2), and 6 to the demon.

c3 attacks with a broadsword.  8 points, 4 to c2 (-3 = 1), and 4 to the demon.

c4 smashes an unlit molotov on c2.

C2 is wounded 13 of ST 15 and at permanent DX-3 for all actions.  He fails his save and is soaked un unlit oil.

c4 says:  "I'll cast fire next turn."

The GM rolls a series of dice.  "Ok. you all notice that c2 wearing 4 gunpowder charges on his belt and 2 more on his bandoleer.  Does anyone want to force him back into the well?"

c4 says:  "Not till after I light him up."
The other players shake their heads.

GM:  Roll for initiative.

You have initiative.  Do you wish to move first or let _them_ move first.
The players all look at each other and say nothing.  c2 swallows and says "Let them move first."

GM makes some marks behind his screen with a pencil, puts it down.  Ok.  "You can't see the demon any more..."

c3: "Oh man, it reached his heart."

c2: "Give my gear to my son."

c4:  "I will, I promise."  To the GM I light him on fire."  He rolls.  Success.

GM: c2 bursts into flames, takes 4 points for the fire spell, and 4 points for the molotov oil.  He is now a fire hex standing in a fire hex, and dies slumping.

c1:  I attack his body and I'm going to force him back into the well.

GM:  "Ok, you hit, do max damage, that's 6 to the body and..."  GM makes notes behind the screen.  "Ok.  You all run for cover, the well detonates next turn with 8 charges of gunpowder.  Water splashes taller than the roof tops and some stones fly off the short wall around the well.  When you recover the body, you find his gear is all broken except for the magic blunderbuss he dropped, and his +3 DX ring."

GM:  "C1 you get 5 experience points.  C3 you get 4 experience points.  C4 you get 10 experience points plus 15 for C2's DX.  There is no sign of the demon."

Finally, from one GM to another, what really happened?

David Michael Grouchy II