[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) Melee content in early Space Gamer issues
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: (TFT) Melee content in early Space Gamer issues
- From: Cris Fuhrman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:29:44 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=jRNVtlIJrroaSJW42S9sSLQUmvWgwepMVe1E3BnFV/k=; b=Y/YaFNL3wO5kCptA0MOgz5YxUSRUVjo3/l6uHhOVp5iA7DFVpQRDkmh7GTfwMOS8tW Mz90fdpssHnbblIuHRnfHKp03hr0BCuuIvH4vIeVRyT8w4KH+vi7dFKtXGukIOpudPy+ F2uUngRCIv3/sZrwo3Y6nlBzDsl3ljlQJVX38=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=tGdPPprDGT/Sh/j+cfy9LVTsYshZPDMSwbUlN/oaJ7eLvSr25qPJ9NbW8NUrnU4UBc BSDw2Rc6cuAjNPKqKXCTrY/G4JLEfQqy3nXJZ4/eWVSINcwcAsKbNiatVdWj+o0R1UxA v2igRHxgqssmHwgA57saBPNyrLYdbsnjfqPFA=
- In-reply-to: <20090716091629.7FB10565@resin11.mta.everyone.net>
- References: <20090716091629.7FB10565@resin11.mta.everyone.net>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:16, <email@example.com> wrote:
> Yeah, those articles sound very interesting!
I managed to locate Space Gamer #041, which is not "old" TFT. But, anyway,
there's an article by Jim Dickey, 'Tips for TFT Players', which starts off
with "The following is a list of hints based on almost three years of TFT
play. I hope that this article will inspire some of you other players to
write in and share your experiences."
Points 1-4 are discussed, but I found #2 to be the most interesting, albeit
mostly obvious. (1 is about not having a low dex, 3 is about specializing
characters, and 4 is about cost-effectiveness of talents and spells).
I quote #2 below. I can see how Space Gamer was not so deeply valuable for
insight, but rather a way to do marketing.
"2. Don't overlook the value of pole weapons.
"I don't know if it's just the people I play with, but in my experience
beginning players tend to overvalue missile weapons at the expense of pole
weapons. Due to the close-quarters type of fighting most prevalent in TFT,
bowmen usually get off a shot or two and then get sliced up by an adjacent
figure while trying to draw a new weapon. If this happens to you, try
screening your missile weapon users with pole arm wielders. The +2 DX for a
set pole weapon, and the double damage bonus for a charge attack, make pole
arms devastating weapons. The Advanced Melee rules, with two7hex jabs, and
pole arm attacks coming off first, make them even more effective.
"The next time your group of adventurers takes on a giant or a dragon, try
to get somebody with a pole weapon around behind it. The +2 or +4 DX and the
double damage bonus will usually bring a quick end to your adversary."
Cris Fuhrman, http://www.google.com/profiles/fuhrmanator
Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html> -
"The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."
Post to the entire list by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe by mailing to email@example.com with the message body