 Harmonious Fists in Melee by David James Ritchie #16 pg 12-13
 Demons! Based on Motes in God's Eye #16 pg 16-17
 by Bruce M. Mickelson
 Adjusted Orc Rules (follows from article in #15) by
 Paul C. Wagner #17 pg 14
 More Harmony for Fists in Melee by Ronald Pehr #18 pg 17
 Mounted Melee by Charles A. Lindley #18 pg 21-22
 Letters: Regarding TFT articles #19 pg 29-30
 > Reality in Melee by Ronald Pehr #20 pg 23-24
-----------

I think I have some of these. Will try to look, and post maybe next week for the ones I find.

Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:02:42 -0700
From: Rick Smith <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>
Subject: Re: (TFT) Need advice for playing solitaire

I think I've told the story on this list but I actually
managed to get thru DT solitare with a party of 4 * 32
attribute figures.  They each went up and attribute and
I improved them and promptly ran them thru again.

(They died MISERABLY.)

;)

Warm regards, Rick

On Fri, 2009-17-07 at 00:09 -0400, Cris Fuhrman wrote:
 On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 22:34, Jim Zmrazek <jzmra@hotmail.com> wrote:

 > However, it's still hard to try to keep each side equal, and
 > not favor the heroes.

 It's been a while, but when I played DT solitaire, even though I maybe
 "favored" my heroes, they still got wiped. I think I would have had to
 really cheat to make handling the monsters fairly an issue. Maybe the
 "death" part in DT is compensation for solitaire bias :)

I think of myself as unbiased, but ... I had a party of 4 (dwarves) that went through DT (solitaire) and all survived. They got a little lucky with the bears. I upped all 4 to 36 points, adding skills as needed, and they survived DT2 (solitaire). They got a little lucky with Arlo Guthrie (can't remember that fighter's actual name) and with the octopus. If there's interest, I'll post party attributes.

The party took advantage of the +1 hit for being dwarves, and they were definitely ITL (not just AM/AW) beginning characters, and they were a "team" rather than 4 random characters, so I did bias results in my favor in that way.

--
						- Mark     210-379-4635