RE: (TFT) Re: challenge-response spam filtering and mailing lists

NOT AT ALL JAY!

In fact, I love the ramblings, and especially the stats that you often
quote. I wish I could compile them all in one place for future reference.

------------------

Now here's a question that I've been wanting to throw out there for a while,
but just haven't gotten to.

Technically, it can be argued that a firearm (say shotgun for example) would
do a lot more damage than a battleaxe (3D6). I've know people who've gotten
shot and unlike the movies, firearm injuries are a LOT worse than they seem,
and almost always life-long injuries, if the victim survives.

So do you approach it from the point of view that say, "a shotgun does more
damage than a battleaxe and hence does 4D6," or rather, "either weapon will
basically wipe out a normal person" so they both do 3D6?

I guess what I'm asking is: Do you go the technical route, or the "net
effect" route?