RE: (TFT) Weapons and damage

I seem to remember that during the Revolutionary War, the British soldiers
were shocked that the Americans actually aimed their firearms rather than
just generally pointing them towards the enemy.

The British viewed the American's actions as murder whereas if you died
from a weapon that was generally aimed in your direction, that was the
fortunes of war.