Re: (TFT) football stuff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Carlisle"

http://www.applefest.reach.net/pages/facts.html

An average tree can fill 20 boxes that weigh 42 pounds each.
It takes the energy from 50 leaves to produce one apple.
In general, the seperation between trees is ~1.3m.
Loggers get about 100 loads of logs per acre, with 70 acres (~0.1 square mile) grossing about $1,000,000
I break down production to ~700 acre units (~1 square mile)

uhhhh...

I'll wait to talk about growing them, let's say you have a crop from an acre of trees. 1 acre is about 2395 square-hexes, with one tree per hex. I'll assume 2000 trees w paths between them.
40,000 crates weighing 840 tons.

Specifications:
Cell Packs
Net Weight: 40 LB
Gross Weight: 42 LB
Palletized:
L: 36 " W: 19 " H: 12 "
In relation to a 1.3m hex (on 1/4" graph)
L: ~2.75 square-hex squares W: ~1.5 square-hex squares H: ~1 square-hex
squares (1/4 square-hex height)

It's not so much the size of the apple as how many you can fit into the
standard shipping container.

40,000 Cell Pack crates make a cube over 34 crates high plus over half of a 35th layer, or about 8 hexes in height. This is about equal to 6 six foot tall men standing on each-others shoulders in height. The top of the 3 and a half story stack is about 8 by 8 hexes on top, or roughly the size of a TFT battle-map.

So... why would Figures engage in combat on top of (or around) an acre of apples?

Maybe it's a clever merchant what got sick and tired of making it easy on the wine hijackers by keeping his expensive Terran wines seprate from everything else and rather packed the crates in the center of 21 tons of cell pack apples. There's no record which 3 of the 40 lots of 21 tons each have the wine in them.

This is known as the Smaug problem... how does one "burgle" 840 tons of apples?

As for other Apples...

An Apple Macintosh circa 1984 (funny how big bro did a big brother commercial) "the Apple Macintosh (128k) features an 8 MHz 68000 processor, 128k of RAM"...
Dimensions: 13.6 x 9.6 x 10.9 inches, Avg. Weight: 16.5 lbs

Apple iPad Specs
the device is 9.56" tall and 7.47" wide, with a depth of just 0.5" and a weight of 1.5 pounds. Units with the 3G option weigh 1.6 pounds.

I can pack 44 iPads into the space required for one Macintosh weighing 66 pounds requiring 12 ST to move.
16.5 lbs for a Macintosh is 3 ST

I can pack at least 30 Macintosh's per side in the cube containing an acre of apple production.

Y'all want what I should put all these apples on the Azhanti High Lightning?
lol

Razeing the fields means something... =====