Re: (TFT) TFT Industrial Revolution

This is what I've done with not allowing Guns to use Missile Weapons:
An archer with a DX of 1o could just be fairly inaccurate.
He could also get missile weapons if he is smart, which would make him pretty accurate, although not very fast or accurate at other things. That archer could become, IDK, DX 16. He could shoot twice a turn with a small bow, and with missile weapons be extremely accurate. A gunman could have a DX of 10 using a musket would have an AdjDX of 9. being fairly inaccurate.
He could get a better Rifle, but his DX would still only be 10.
He COULD become a sharpshooter, with a DX of 16 or higher, but he will never be as good as an archer with missile weapons and the equivalent DX, and he is less likely to be a good archer.

In real life it takes practice from a young age to be a truly excellent archer. Not so with guns. However, to keep things interesting, it kinda makes sense to let archers have a theoretically better chance of hitting- they have been training from a young age! It also means that archers are a more viable option for militaries, as not everyone can be a sharpshooter, but anyone can be trained for a long time. It takes a lot more EXP to get a high level of gun skill vs. a high level of bow skill. On the other hand, bows require more investment from your actual talent points. This means that gunman can often do other things, maybe swords, maybe business, etc. Its a trade off.... Bows are better in one way, worse in another. I think I like the way that is working out. It also represents that in this world guns are relatively new, and mass production is even newer.... so most people grew up with bows, which are easier to make as a peasant, but harder to make in a factory. People who grew up with bows have more skill than those who are just picking up guns in their young adulthood, so it also makes sense in that way.