Re: (TFT) MY game-universe

Personally, I'm glad for my sanity and time (given other restraints) that I don't give all this thought to my games. But hats off to you.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Carlisle" <Jay_Carlisle@charter.net>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Friday, August 6, 2010 1:30:26 AM
Subject: (TFT) MY game-universe

Assuming a ton of stuff, not the least being "unobtainium" I'm thinking that
the actual dimensions of the "firecracker" what I would use to "create" the
bang to be recorded would be awfully small w/o hitting any singularity.
Guth inflation wouldn't be necessary if the thing started as a pop in my
workshop that I filmed with "unobtainable" highspeed cameras and
computers... and all it's physics below the Plank limits would be
unobservable to me...
Now 1 attosecond is the time it takes for light to travel the length of
three hydrogen atoms.
An attosecond is an SI unit of time equal to 10^?18 of a second. (one
quintillionth of a second).
I'm talking about a length of something like 10^-32m per second. (could be
symmerty here)
12 attoseconds is the record for shortest time interval measured as of May
12, 2010.
This isn't a very large length, but certainly isn't a "singularity".
Assuming (among a TON of other things) that we "live" in the period of max
luminosity of the "firecracker" I'd think that questions about
"dark"-whatever are best explained by the overall gravitic force of the
planet that my workshop sits on.
So I've got corrospondance and dark matter roughly explained via the simple
explanition of "Jay was screwing around in his workshop".
Of course, get all philosophical about it and "god" lets bad things happen
to good people because it's beyond his Plank-limit to even SEE the
"baddness".
Then again, I have devoted myself to an attempt at creativity reguardless of
the award or outcome so ALWAYS take what Jay has to say with a pound of
salt.
It'll help kill the infection.
This is horribly stupid, but might be fun for like minded individuals to try
and shoot down.
I don't flatter myself that "I" have some kind of magic answer for modeling
the new age of data we now have for human performance.
I just think that RPG'ers have the wits to deal with the new info and adapt
rather than cling to ideas of "I'll rule on the fly".
You try that "winging it" technique with me as a player and I'll wreck your
whole campaign... assuming you even HAD a campaign to begin with.
It may take me a few sessions, but folks who pull results outta their
neathers never stay consistant over time.
See examples from the comic-book era of TV like Lost or The X-Files that had
no idea of where the story was progressing to see how unsatisfying such a
implied promise of a deeper structure to the story can be when it isn't
actually present.
Nobody likes for somebody to just assume that they are smarter than
themselves (i.e. most "GM's").
Proving that you have a well-considered story is a good "show".
Throwing that story-line to a group of free-thinking people is REALLY gonna
poke holes in the thing.
Not too many creators are gonna cotton to such scrutiny.
As quick as some smart cobber explains to me how truly screwed up I am about
the Guth inflation thing I have a choice.
I can either defend my pet concept in the face of objections, or I could
allow that someone else has spent the time to be able to critique the thing
properly and accept the fact that my litteral pipe-dreams may need to be
abandond.
After all, I work alone... how much can one guy do by themselves?
Ergo, I post here... even if nobody seems to care.
That doesen't really matter... my point is pretty simple.
ANYTHING that helps the entire group of people playing the game envision the
Actions roughly the same way is a boon.
I hold that nobody even knows what a dragon looks or acts like in pretty
much ANY RPG setting, much less TFT which really only fixed D&D's tactical
combat. (Thanks to DMG for pointing this out many years ago)
Just a sec... what the heck was I talking about at the start of all this?
It wasn't how multipul statistics are like stators in an induction motor was
it?
No that is calculator stuff, this was about how Cidri might actually work...
"Have fun storming the castle boys! ... Do you think it'll work? ... It'd
take a miracle."