(TFT) IQ and XP

One of the issues I have with the ItL xp system is how there is so much it
does not take into account.  For example, a 10 ST, 10 DX wizard is worth the
same amount of xp regardless of if he has a 9IQ and the weak spells that
means, or a 20 IQ.  While I realize the fatigue and rolls to hit won't change,
the impact of that fatigue and the rolls to cast will be far greater.
Has anyone house ruled this?  If so, what did you come up with?
Cheers,Matthew