Re: (TFT) High Level Play ... and "House Rules"

    Cool stuff!
    And honestly, I'm in a bit of quandary here. I think this is a different
axis of the referee-ing trade space than we were discussing originally; that
was "House Rules" and when and whether the referee can change/make up rules to
fit the situation.

Actually, just to clarify since I started the thread on House Rules, that's
NOT what I was asking people about at all.  The discussion of making rules
calls on the spot, and being willing to do so because you cannot plan for
everything that is going to happen in a game in advance came out of a side
comment that Jay made.  The 'House Rules' thread was me asking what changes
people had made to the rules for their own campaigns (you know, stuff like
changing how pole-arms work, or adding new races, or changing how Talents are
acquired, etc).
House rules have little to do with GM spot rules calls, other than they
sometimes grow out of a spot rules call.
Matthew