Re: (TFT) High Level Play ... and "House Rules"

My son likes to say "Don't discuss anything in front of the GM, you'll just give him [usually me] ideas!"

Of course what he fails to realize is that more often than not I'm taking their GOOD ideas and fitting them into the world. It's like the classic Sherlock Holmes problem. Given a limited set of facts, there are any number of conclusions which are completely logical and feasible. Of course, since Doyle knows the situation he is writing, Holmes is of course always right. I like to listen to my players because I occasionally like them to be right in their assessment of a situation, which I will change according to their brainstorming. And to be truthful, their ideas can easily be better than mine anyway!

It reflects's my quantum GMing style: "No fact (or even character for that matter) is absolute until it has been observed."

- Marc (been away for a while, but I'm back)