Re: (TFT) Campaign Idea

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joey Beutel"

Hey guys, had an idea for a campaign:

its... 'sort-of' dark ages England... but think of it more like a
fusion of King Arthur and Welsh mythology and more modern fantasy
ideas (elves and dwarves and such.... though with those being heavily
influenced by the Fay of myth). But none of that Arthur stuff has
happened yet. Think of it more like.... a fantasy alternate history
that could've inspired those myths, and with a slightly anachronistic
spin to it all.

So.... thoughts? anyone ever do anything similar? just a stupid idea i
came up with in my (flu induced) idiocy that should never see the
light of day? Any suggestions on how to run this?

If you want to have my stuff on the Goblin wargame port to TFT then drop me a line and I'll see what I can pull together for you. It's exactally on your geographical area and timeperiod... although I use the more Squad Leader like Goblin for the basic "war" mechanics.

Otherwise, the stuff I'm posting these days are my ideas on how to draw up a play environment that allows campagins of large scopes of time and place. I'd suggest considering aspects like management, construction, law, and politics as viable, and perhaps even more fundamental than martial combat, personal possessions, and bank accounts.
A gothic cathedral could take over 100 years (>5 generations) to build.
The individual who started the process wasn't doing it for the personal benifets of compleation... a campaign with a multi-generational timeline should probably account for some of these subtlies nicht whar?