Re: (TFT) what can a flanked opponent do?

Actually, you DO have to stay adjacent but you
do NOT have to stay engaged.

Some terminology here:
Directly in front of a human is the front.
To the right of that hex is the right front.
To the left of the front hex is the left front.

Then there are left flank, right flank and rear.

Note all of the front hexes are 'in front' of
you and enemies are engaged there.

So if an enemy is in your left front, he may
'shift' one hex to your left flank legally.

Rick