Re: (TFT) Does size matter? (catchy subject, reveals typically non-plussing subject matter)

On Sunday, July 24, 2011, payby diem <joel> wrote:
> do rats actually engage? or are they too small?

Rats occur in groups of up to 100.
A Figure can kill 2 per turn, 1 with the hands and 1 with a "stomp".
Rats MA is 10
Under "Engagement" it states that in general smaller "Figures" must occupy
at least a third of the hexes of a multi-hex Figure, but the "stomp" bit
suggests the Trample rule and it specifically mentions a "extra" DX check to
successfully kill a rat or spider w/crit fail meaning the Figure falls down,
hth to follow maybe with the Figure carrying and successful critters once
they get up maybe?

> for that matter:
>
> for purposes of engagement: Does size of attacker matter vs size of
defender
> matter?

Yeppers, as the 1/3rd hex thing above, as well as shield rush, trample, etc.

> the tft-jme matters address that, but I dont know if they apply to
standard
> tft.

JME?