Re: (TFT) Stealth bonuses in combat

Within the rules its pretty limited (mostly its just roles to see if you avoid detection.... which is hardly an advantage).

However, I like to play sneaky characters, so one thing I've worked out is a (somewhat complex) strategy to represent sneaking up on a guy from behind and killing him without being detected.

It involves having a high DX, weapons that do JUST enough damage, and all the sneaky talents.

Basically, using sneak, get behind someone.
At that point, you have an advantage to DX.
Then, you spend a couple of turns aiming (bonus DX).
Then, aiming for the Head (using the special rules), hit him with your biggest weapon.

Its not foolproof, but it usually works, especially with a high DX.

A nice GM might allow additional advantages for ambushes and such, or may even add more talents to facilitate this sort of thing.

I think this strategy also requires the interpretation of the various sneaky movement talents as allowing VERY close movement, as long as you are behind (and they don't have the hearing talent).

The above strategy also works well with ranged weapons (you might even be able to hide in front of them and use this, if you are in good cover) if you have Missile talents to make up for the lack of a 'from behind' bonus for ranged weapons.