Re: Change (was: (TFT) Jobs table: ...)

True, but it took centuries for gunpowder to go from firework to weapon,
while in the last century, it took a few decades from the theoretical
possibility of the laser as suggested by relativity theory (I am forgetting
which part) to implementation, and less than a decade for graphene to go
from hypothetical material to prototype.  Again, I don't say that I
completely subscribe to this theory, but proximity, be it real or virtual,
does appear provide a fair explanation of why it took millennia to go from
atl-atl to bow (small and widely-separated tribes), while the interval
between the Wright brothers and the Red Baron was less than a generation
(telegraph, printing press, major cities worldwide connected
by transatlantic steamers).  We seem to think better in groups.