Re: Change (was: (TFT) Jobs table: ...)

At 23:06 -0400 10/2/11, gem6868 wrote:
 And you'd be a "progressive" barbarian if ...<graphic image deleted>...

Fascinating thread, though. Neil's point is well-taken in one sense - many areas of the world developed high levels of culture and some aspects of science and technology (astronomy, gunpowder, etc.) well beyond what western Europe did under the influence of the church.

On the other hand, it's not much of a stretch to say western European culture and technology are now dominant worldwide, and the church certainly played an important role in that.