Re: (TFT) Aimed Shots - MPNS hobbits are slow...

Hobbits with flechet type weapons: aka lots of thrown slivers / round:

More On combat ( or Moron Combat)

 (ok the guy is going to tell me to take a breath again, he is right by the
way. I should breathe)... This is 'rant space.', where no one can hear you
scream.

You know my big beef with my current group, is the massave damage they can
pump out on a turn:

On one hand the combat ends quickly / abruptly.

 I realize that this is NOT adnd (mentioned in another thread by another
TFT'er) where combats go on forever, and opponents and players have a scads
of Hit points.
The enemies go down hard and fast. I think it makes combat too short, and
dumb.

I screwed up a combat last night that made the final combat a really tea
part, in favor of the players. It was disappoint from my perspective and a
waste of time.  Yeah that sound pretty harsh.

One of the things I had to remind myself was that 'Armored TFT opponents
last longer.' Even if they cant hit as well, the STILL last longer.

On the other hand, going back to the deadly ninja throwing hobbits, if your
hobbits or dwarves are throwing daggers or darts or small axes, then damage
isnt that high against well armored opponents.

So, I want to address the massive scaling damage of the 'arms' race in TFT.

(jay wake up! im putting in statistics here)

Reptile men are WAY over powered. They get a x2 damage modifer on claw
attacks.  The x2 damage  is the same thing as rolling a '4', by the way
thats a 1 in 72 chance, or  .0133_ % of happening for any one else in the
game.  Secondly they have a Tail attack at no attack modifier, and thirdly
they start out with 38 build points.  At least he has no natural armor.
Downside he goes up very slowly in experience.

This combined with an archer that does FACE shots is putting a dent in the
natural TFT feel of the game I was looking for.

Third problem. I gave out a BLUR ring. Blur rings cause a person to act
like he/she is 4DX harder to hit. I think the Blur ring might be over
powered for the game. As is the option face shots, as is the Reptile man.

/FACE PALM.

It just keeps getting worse.

I have the solution to the blur.  That will come in 2 to 4 weeks.  Could be
good. Could be Bad.

Opinions?