Re: (TFT) Nasty Hobbitses

> 12 thrown in a turn... thats 12 in 5 seconds, or 2.4 per second!
>
> This is why I generally don't play with some of the weirder weapons...
> the rules for them make no sense in the context of the rest of the
> game. Why not just treat throwing stars like thrown knives?

There's a slight historical basis for throwing multiples at a time.

You're not throwing one every 1/2.4 second, you're throwing a batch of 12
in one throw.

If they were serious, they'd have used shuriken instead (At least ol'
Steve got it right that the star things are not shuriken). And those are
pretty much like daggers, except that they're a lot easier to make and
throw in multiples.

Sha-ken were never considered deadly in the first place.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com