Re: (TFT) TFT Tonight: How to make players even more miserable. To the DOGS, I say! Suggestions as players? or dms?

So there are some interesting dynamics here.
I'm assuming a crystal ball as described in TFT... probably could have left
the coin out of the deal.
A Lawyer is interesting... common law?
For law I use a game called Nomic.

http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/nomic.htm

Different legal structures are set up with different voting positions,
beginning structure, and rules of order.
Voting is done at counsel and a player with a voting position can "play"
assuming they make it to counsel.
Hiring the "lawyer" was an interesting proxy here but the farming out of
the hunt for Gebo is a traditional adventure especially if the
sub-contractors are found in the local tavern.
Who get's to play the hires?

If the GM is describing the jail without reference to notes or other
material I wouldn't try a jailbreak as guards and other problems are likely
to be "on the fly" whereas if they bust out a premade map straightaways
then jailbreak could be a fun option.

Figures focused on business, politics, and similar non-combat focus operate
much like this with hires and deputies handling the non-business stuff.
I let the Figure hiring the proxy run the NPC if they are staying home.