(TFT) got permission to copy over a conversation that i was having with an old TFT mate

 note to my  buddy Rick S. on long island.
Joel BoardgameRpger <joel.siragher@gmail.com>
5:33 PM (23 minutes ago)

to rick9719

Concerning a 'wound system'

Savage worlds simplifies body. they have a 4 or 5 wound system.
Savage worlds has its own problems. Im not crazy about the magic system.

Concerning the issue fighters warriors spell points and fatigue all figures
into the TFT balance: I was never really crazy about cutting down spell
points based on damage even thoughit made sense on some level.  I think if
some one were going to give up the ghost due to lack of health points, it
would happen to a person whether he were a wizard or a fighter. having run
it for 6 months im keenly aware of the balence and fairness.

lets look at just that for a moment. If a fighter were down to 3 health,
hed get minuses to his dex to complete his attacks... the same mage with 3
health would not be penalized for his spells that were not dx based.  Fair?
maybe maye not. So thats why lowering fatigue when a wiz takes damage keeps
him equal to the fighter with 3 hit points.   Im not sure I buy that
either.

I say, just give the wizards his own pool of mage points not based on str
fatigue. Does it matter? I dont think so, because most mages burn through
their measily 7-11 str./fatigue early to mid of the fight anyway.   I hope
that answers your query on that point.

i didnt sleep too much, so i spent most of the day depressed and to remedy
that i over ate, which makes me feel fatter :D.  I ate TOO too much today.

Id like to do something about this cleric healer thing. I like your old
solution. Hire/pay an npc master physicker.

Im running fantasy hero now instead of TFT and I really hate/regret
switching over it. TFT is such such a tactical advantage over hero games. I
wish there were an easy way to instill heals.

I suppose I could substitute 1d6-1/spell point 'growable' HEALING flashes
the same way the mage does a 1d6-1/spell point fire ball.  The downside is
that area effect fireball spell isnt avail until higher levels, and the
mages DX never gets high enough to successfully hit the mega hex.

Batting head against wall.

would you mind if I posted my side of the communique to the TFT yahoo group?