Re: (TFT) New Monster: Flesh Ferret

> Wondrous Eyes as eyes behind spell, always on.

Why the Wondrous Eyes moniker for this ability?

>   -Horror cry as fear spell 4d6 vs IQ or abort action and runaway

What about the deaf or those who otherwise can't hear?

>   -Dripping flesh spell 3d6 vs Str or take 1d6. Requires cure poison
> potion
> or spell.

Does this require a to-hit? If it's a spell, what is its ST cost? Thrown,
missile, or special?

> Treasure: 1point spell stone in its brain, of course, where else?  or
> random scroll with one spell.

What is a 1 point spell stone? Is it a ST battery or somehting else?

And I'm not digging the scroll thing (bonus rants coming up...)

One thing I hated about most D&D campaigns was that the monsters never
used their treasure for anything. What do these monsters use their
treasure for? Why would one of these be carrying around a scroll?

And since in TFT we know how scrolls are made, it really doesn't make
sense for one of these to be carrying a scroll with some random spell on
it. And that's because someone had to know the spell to write the scroll,
or use one of the other methods.

Random scrolls don't make sense (most random magic treaures don't make
sense). It says that if I kill enough of these creatures, I'll have a
scroll for every spell. That is plainly ridiculous.

Also seems to overpowered to be running around in packs in my campaign.
Stronger than most humans, with armour that doesn't change their DX or
movement, and attacks that are fairly overpowered compared to a human. OK,
they do less damage in a straight attack, but that poison is a killer.

And I also don't like constantly dripping creatures. Where does the blood
keep coming from?

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com