Re: (TFT) Disengaging - Revision in Melee

As it happens, I acquired all five editions of Melee (and all four Wizards)
to help untangle the changes. I OCRd plain text copies of the rules, which
makes comparing them much simpler :-)

Melee first through third edition (SJ):

Note that an enemy with a DX higher than yours will be able to strike at
> you on the turn you disengage, since his attack phase comes before yours.
> An enemy with a lower DX will not have a chance to strike at you if you
> disengage away from him.

Melee fourth and fifth edition (HT):

Note that an enemy figure with a adjDX greater than your figure's adjDX
> will be able to strike at your figure during the turn in which you
> disengage. An enemy figure with an adjDX less than or equal to your
> figure's adjDX must add the difference between the figures' adjDXs (if an
y)
> to his "To Hit Roll" in order to hit your figure.

$mike

p.s. Working on AM/AW/ITL, but it's slow going...