[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Staff spell?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Staff spell?
- From: Thomas Fulmer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 16:27:30 +0000
- Authentication-results: mail.brainiac.com; dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=gmail.com email@example.com header.b=h0UXhInO
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=xCVFxu6p22MWNCJCVGVnZzwC6xigdp01Ryn5a6mu60U=; b=h0UXhInOsvNWy392uYSViNFMD9rZ0twh9vt6GMI7Ma+hNvNzpOYIVQEjdNoGET7HB/ FK7g/859ioDlrOx9O1//10NFPujYVfNqapSw/LzzldVWhiub8+GzykddYNpFvm/ZTXqD Q5GCUf9bW5F18TgSx1idIGgIbOQIn9vcNDrYPsqQT8/S/VBthbXm+M4hREMTgdgPRSYH Ck8T1MbXoVbKCAUIyQfXq9fifVDsLfd1MSTllTJbY3wi3OkKzweV4YVUuy22H4HdT/as rLjU6hSHsqzkanV1zeEPEpFTBS7/qqhHL/hmFMSDb5REEvIKjmM0IMbQ2Iej6ClAG1HR Crbw==
- In-reply-to: <CAMZbGTaco8dmE6is+9uOdtxhW_sprSOkASBBYTRwowuVLon4oQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAMZbGTaco8dmE6is+9uOdtxhW_sprSOkASBBYTRwowuVLon4oQ@mail.gmail.com>
I never required wizards to have a weapon talent for their staff. I assumed its damage as entirely magical and none of it had to do with skill or force. So simply touching the enemy with a glancing blow once in 5 seconds of combat would be all that was required, as contrast to a hit with a weapon where in that 5 seconds they had to actually get an opening and land a real blow.
So in my mind the requirement difference for the damage crossed out the lack of talent.
This has always troubled me.
If a wizard has the Staff spell, can they use it to smack someone for 1d6 without having a weapon proficiency, or do they still take the -4 DX penalty?
It seems like they should be able to attack with it, otherwise what's the point?