Re: Weapons for pulling you down / off balance.

Hi Jack,
  Sorry, on my last email, I just started typing and hit send before I realized that
had not really addressed what you had said.

  Do you think that such hooking weapons SHOULD count as a defence, e.g.
stopping one hit?

  I think that hooking weapons might do the following:

— Reduce enemies' shield’s protection.

— Reduce enemies attacking DX (interfering with weapon arm.

— put them off balance.

— Pull them down.

You might have a weak and strong version of each.  So enemy gets a saving throw.
— If he makes it, he is at -2 DX.  If he fails he is dismounted.
— If he makes it, his shield protects 1 point less.  If he fails the shield does not protect
at all and he is at -2 DX.
etc.

Warm regards, Rick.