Re: [Slope: Ch 12] New Type of Healing Spell & Death Magic.

It seems like the effect of the SJ healing spell is, "After you get hurt, do a little dance, wait a few hours and you are healthy", whereas the effect of the RS death healing spell is like that, only the waiting is less and the dance is a little more complex. I can't see the point of making the dance more complicated. In fact, the whole dance seems pointless, I'd probably rather just say, "OK, combat's over so you press the button on your magic tie-clip and you're healed," at least it doesn't waste anyone's time with redundant rolls and spell casting. I can't help feeling there's a more interesting requirement we could shove on characters to recover from injuries, though I'm not sure what it is. I was scribbling ideas for my unverifiable magic concept and one was that whenever you use the magic you incur obligation to the power that gave it to you, and when you have enough obligation you have to go on a quest, something the power wants done, to pay it off. Maybe not that, but we should all be trying to think of something more interesting than sitting around resting.

--
David